THE DOLLY B MINE, LEADVILLE, COLORADO
The "Dolly B Mine" is west of the Resurrection No. 2 shaft and is directly
above the "Famous." Both are a part of the Resurrection Group which is
located at the head of Big Evans Gulch.
In 1893, the Connollly brothers, P.K., N.K., E.K., and M.P., had staked
out four claims, the Dolly B, the Annie, the Lizzie, and the Ella., which
were named after their wives.
For five years, the brothers had driven shafts in all of the mines and
had pumped water out of them, as though they had opened an entryway to
a "subterranean ocean".
Their efforts were not rewarded until the spring of 1898, when rich
gold-bearing ore was found only in the Dolly B at a depth of 160 to feet.
The extraction of the minerals listed on the right were sent to the Arkansas Valley
and the Bimetallic Smelters in Leadville. In 1898, production from the
Dolly B mine mounted to $8,419,927.